Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Santa...A Poem

Dear Santa

By Ebony Farashuu
12-25-10

I found two lumps of coal in my stocking
I used them to fuel my passion
The fashion in which I choose to live
Would rather ask you to forgive
Than for permission
Submission is no longer my strong point.

See, I am now conditioned to
Recognize the bullshit and
Use it
To
Fertilize my garden.

Three years later I’m still breathing
So I guess it didn’t kill me…
I have every right to be a hater
But Peace be still with me…

On a journey into myself
I discovered the true beauty of a butterfly
And I will continue to flutter and float high above those
Who sought to trap me within gossamer nets of self-doubt.

U should have never messed over a writer…
What used to hurt her now delights her…
Brings characters to life as your ignorance lives on in her pages…

There are many stages of healing
And I’m no longer concealing
The part of me that tears at my chest
Seeking to escape that mess of emotions
Hidden behind my breasts
Like an alien resurrected…

Just call me Ripley
Cuz my experiences have impregnated my soul
With a cold dose of reality
And in return I’ve given birth to a monster.

And
Her
Name
Is

Ebony
Muthafuckin’
Farashuu

No comments:

Post a Comment